Thursday

About THE STORYTELLER

For all of you visiting my world for the first time, I welcome you. I hope you enjoy your stay while here.

The idea for FOLKS' TALES first came to me on a regular day, when I was sitting back, gossiping with a friend. After we had discussed, analyzed, and broken the dirt down to its basest elements, I thought about how this "tale", this little piece of information encapsulated a glimpse into the worlds of the folks involved. Whether the story was entirely true or the figment of somebody's overactive imagination, it made good dish for my friend and I. The conversation that sparked was mentally stimulating--we discovered areas of the tale with which we could identify and others where the experience was totally foreign. Sometimes we found ourselves standing on opposite sides of the fence about the situation and the decisions made by the key players. Either way, it got us to talking about some things.


I then quickly thought back to my childhood and the stories I heard growing up and how they had shaped my life and some of the decisions I've made. I had an older relative that loved to remind me that young folks should try to learn from old folks' mistakes instead of repeating them. Sometimes the heads of the young are hard and they would rather learn the lessons through experience. I was (and still am to some degree) one of those hard-headed young people, but having the tales of my elders in the back of my mind often help me get out of a jam when I decided to learn through experience.

Well, I have finally made the decision to pay it forward. In FOLKS' TALES, you will find stories of the more dramatic nature that I have heard (and those that I will hear in the future) about the decisions/situations/experiences people find themselves in. As life is graphic, many of these stories will be as well--no censoring the good stuff here. Many of these stories will be entirely true, some will be figments of my overactive imagination--but whichever they are, they will certainly make for good conversation between you and a friend...and also between you and me, so leave comments when you get the urge.

Happy reading folks! And don't hesistate to leave me a tale of your own!

Much love-

Le griot AKA THE STORYTELLER

No comments: